Effective as of March 1, 2022
- What personal data do we share with third parties and who are they?
- Why do we share data outside of the EU?
- How do we keep your personal data secure?
- Your rights.
- About us.
Data we collect
As a data controller we collect a variety of data in order to deliver our services. Whenever we collect personal information from you we are open and transparent about its use, and you can access the following precise information from us:
- Data we have collected from you,
- The basis on which we are holding it (e.g., because you gave us consent),
- What we will do with it,
- How long we will hold it for,
- Where it is stored,
- Who it might be shared with,
- Your rights in relation to the data, and
- Information on how you can access and manage this data.
We have provided further detail below about the specific types of data we collect and our reasons for doing so.
What data do we ask you to provide to us and why?
When you use our services you are providing us with your DigitalBits wallet address, image and/or video data, and metadata. ANY DATA YOU ENTER INTO FIELDS ON THE WEBSITE MAY BE CAPTURED TO THE DIGITALBITS BLOCKCHAIN, WHICH IS PUBLICLY AVAILABLE AND IMMUTABLE, MEANING THAT IT CANNOT BE EDITED OR DELETED BY DIGITALBITS OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY.
- We may use this data to: format, analyze, and provide application data to our programs, and analyze and aggregate data to get industry and internal insight.
- We collect this data using the lawful basis: Legitimate Interest and Contractual Performance.
Which third parties do we share data with?
When necessary to operate MintNGo, we share personal data with the following third parties:
- Pinata Technologies, Inc. – Data is transferred outside of the European Economic Area to United States under the protection of EU/US Privacy Shield. Pinata stores your non-fungible token, connected to your digital wallet, in the InterPlanetary File System, or IPFS.
There are certain situations in which we may share access to your personal data without your explicit consent; for example, if required by law, to protect the life of an individual, or to comply with any valid legal process, government request, rule, or regulation.
Why do we share data outside of the EU?
We may transfer personal data to a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), for example to one of our non-EEA accelerator programs. If this is the case we will ensure that the transfer is legal and your data is secure by following the EU’s guidelines.
How do we keep your personal data secure?
All data submitted to the website will be in the public domain of the blockchain.
We keep your data secure in a number of ways, including following internal policies of best practice and training for staff.
In the unlikely event of a breach of our security, we will inform the relevant regulatory body within 72 hours and, if your personal data was involved in the breach, we shall also inform you.
Your personal data is yours and you have rights over it, including but not limited to (to the extent technologically feasible):
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data;
- The right of access to your personal data and any supplementary information;
- The right to have any errors in your personal data rectified;
- The right to have your personal data erased;
- The right to block or suppressing the processing of your personal data;
- The right to move, copy, or transfer your personal data from one IT environment to another;
- The right to object to processing of your personal data in certain circumstances; and
- Rights related to automated decision-making (i.e., where no humans are involved) and profiling (i.e., where certain personal data is processed to evaluate an individual).
To manage your data, you can contact us via email with any requests that you may have.
While we do not hold personal data any longer than we need to, the duration will depend on your relationship with us.
We are DigitalBits Foundation and our address is P.O. Box 707, Camana Bay, Third Floor, Landmark Square, 64 Earth Close, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands KY1-9006.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.